Table of Contents
My former teacher, Mrs. Paula Smith from Owasso High School, had a wonderful solution. BINDER QUIZZES. Every so often, whenever I choose, I give a quick binder quiz. They only have 10 minutes to complete this quiz. The quiz checks to make sure everything is updated, in order, and filled out correctly. if the student is behind on any of these things, they will not be able to complete the quiz. if they keep everything in check, there is no reason they shouldn't make a 100%. Here is what mine look like:
1. What is item #4 on your ToC?
2. On item #3, what is bolded at the top?
3. On item #6, what is the first question you had to answer?
4. How many questions did you have to answer for item #9?
5. When can you turn in late or missing work? (Check your syllabus)
The idea behind these quizzes is not to check for understanding, but simply for organization. If it's not all there or in the wrong order, they will probably not be able to finish it or answer all the questions correctly. The other GREAT things about this is that 1) I HAVE to turn papers back quickly 2) If a grade is entered wrong, they hopefully still have the paper can we can correct the error.